[Chrysler300] Filler-Rear bumper to body panel 1956 300B

[Chrysler300] Filler-Rear bumper to body panel 1956 300B

A friend has asked me whether there is supposed to be a big gap between the lower panel and the top lip of the rear bumper on 1956 Chryslers.  The parts manual pictures do not show any kind of filler or deflector but I seem to recall a tin or fabric piece in that location on our 1955.  I would appreciate feedback as to whether or not there is such a filler/deflector on the 1956 Chrysler.  And, if so—a picture and/ or description of it.  If not, a measurement of the normal rear bumper-to-body panel gap.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

C300K’ly,

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA  (HOT-HOT-HOT)