[Chrysler300] Re: 1961 Chrysler 300 G

Update,  Thanks you!

1. I have the cable.  When removing the original it came apart in two sections.  Where does the cable go thru the firewall?  It looks like there's some tubing that runs alongside the tachometer cable from the console thru the transmission tunnel?

2.  Reset Idle with 3/16 drill rod on throttle arms per manual.  It works!

3. Same question or recommendations for the website.  I'm constantly looking at 300's for sale to see where the decals are located, paint, weatherstripping locations etc. It would be nice to have a photo page of a correctly restored or correct original to reference to.

Thanks again,

Mike 300G

Hi All,

1. Getting ready to replace the tachometer cable in my G.. Any recommendations?  Looks like there's a snap on boot in front of the console, hopefully you can access the cable from there.  The distributor connection looks straightforward.

2.  Tried to set the idle tonight, backed off the idle screws but didn't change much.  Any suggestions?

3.  Is there any photos on the 300 website that would show where the decals should be located on the "G"?  I'm trying to figure out the AC  Airtemp decal location as well as others in the engine compartment.

Thanks,

Mike 300 G

Posted by: "Michael Ashmore" <michael.ashmore@xxxxxxx>