Fwd: [Chrysler300] Enclosed car trailer recommendations

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rob Kern <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 11, 2018 at 4:12:20 PM EDT
To: Roberta Cottrell <randm291@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Enclosed car trailer recommendations

I just purchased a new Hallmark Transport 22’ enclosed car hauler to tow my 1957 300C.  I got the ramp over option which I had extended 38” for the C. It has tandem axles, the aero nose which provides 22” more interior room, power tongue jack, power winch , interior dress up, and LED lighting with 3 roof vents and the side wide door on the driver side.  It is mainly aluminum and weighs 3650 lbs.  The capacity is 10,000 lbs. It has a pull down rear door with ramp.  I can open the driver door when car is in trailer and with the driver side wide door open can get in and out of the car in a regular fashion and not like Bo and Luke Duke getting into the General Lee.  The ramp over portion also provides an ample crawl space for attaching tow straps.  The spare tire option is in a floor compartment between the over ramps and comes with a drive on jack.  Very satisfied. Towing my 300C in September from Oklahoma to Newport, R.I. Meet and then to Hemmings Concours D’Elegance in Lake George, New York for maiden voyage in this trailer.  Purchased the weight distributing sway bar hitch system with 2 5/16” ball for the receiver hitch.  Requires class IV hitch receiver up to 12,000 lbs trailer weight (loaded) and up to 1000lbs. Tongue weight. We figure greater than 50% of car weight (300C) will be directly over and forward of tandem axles.  I had to extend the ramp over for the 126” wheelbase 300C to clear fins safely from rear door and fold out drive on ramp hinged on upper part of door when closed.  Not an issue to tow my Corvair however. Hope this helps!  300’ly, Rob Kern

Sent from my iPad