[Chrysler300] 57 Chrysler observations.

As many of you know, I am dismantling a 57 Chrysler Windsor 4dr hdtp.

Upon removal of the rear window and exterior trim, I noticed that the entire lower section of the fence to weather-strip area was filled with “Dum’Dum” thus preserving rather well the window fence itself.

I can cut this area out if anyone would be interested in it or sections of it to use in repairs of a 57, 8 or 59 300. Should be an excellent resource for sections to use in this repair where needed.

The entire floor pan from the hump to the toe-board seam is in likewise excellent shape with only a few thin spots that are rusted through right next to the inside upper inner drop by the driver side.

The rocker panel  section is rock solid and would also make an excellent source for rocker panel repair sections. I will cut the floor pan above the toe board seam and through the door jamb s and up over the wheel house and preserve it as one piece and will store this inside on edge to preserve it should anyone need it now or in the future. This is way too good a piece to let go to the crusher.

Likewise, the entire fram, front to rear. This was a high desert Colorado car. Too bad it was not a hardtop!!  Hello Dave Glassel!! Heh Heh!!

Thanks Folks and have a great what’s left of the summer.

Posted by: "David Schwandt" <finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>