[Chrysler300] 62 300H headliner bows

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can explain to me how the headliner in my H is supported.  I hate to admit that I removed the old deteriorated headliner and other parts about eight years ago and now don’t recall much.  I seem to remember there were some steel rod bows above the headliner, but I’m not sure.   I do have the three interior stainless steel trim moldings that are below the headliner;  the experienced fellow that will install the headliner thought those moldings would be adequate support by themselves.   But, he had not installed a headliner on a car just like this.  The old headliner doesn’t have any listing on the seams or elsewhere on the side against the roof so I don’t know what the bow rods (if there are any) would attach to anyway.

My parts catalog under the special club coupe shows two bow rods, if I’m interpreting that correctly, and it shows 12 Retainers (Headlining Bow to Support) that I don’t know what they are, or what they do.  I did not see any helpful diagram in the Parts Catalog.

The Service Manual has only a very short section for headliners in hardtops and talks about plastic moldings being used, so I wasn’t sure that applied to the H’s.

I have a lot of confidence in the fellow that will install my headliner, but I also want to be sure that I have all the correct materials and parts for him.

I will appreciate all advice and suggestions.

Thanks,

Carlton Schroeder

Eagle River, WI

Posted by: "Carlton Schroeder" <schroe99@xxxxxxxxxxxx>