Re: [Chrysler300] 65 and newer 8 3/4 rear axles

Fern,

  Which emergency brake system did you use?

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of 'Fern Rivard' crc@xxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 8:53 AM
To: skyhawk@xxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 65 and newer 8 3/4 rear axles

When we restored our 1962 300H convertible, we replaced the original tappered axles set up with a complete housing from a 1965 new yorker. My recollection is that the newer housing was only 1/2” or so  wider and of course the original 3:23 sure grip fit perfectly in the newer housing.
Fern

Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2018 9:38 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 65 and newer 8 3/4 rear axles

Hi everyone,
I looking for information as to which 65-up C-body 8 3/4 rear axle( the whole thing, drum to drum) is the least difficult to install in a 61 300G, especially information from someone in our group who has done a swap like this.. Perhaps they can tell me which cars I need to be looking at as a possible donor. Thanks in advance. Dennis

Posted by: RICK AND DEBBIE CLAPHAM <rixpac@xxxxxxx>