Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 12 “ total contact front brakes

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 12 “ total contact front brakes

Thank you Don , several people have contacted me after the post about identifying the parts , shoes etc . Maybe once we get this info straight we can put up some pictures or descriptions on website . What goes with what and why . Gets very confusing if you have a pile of “300  brake shoes and parts “ , which many of us have . Could not find 12” rear tapered axle drums easily now either . Save those .
Your comment immediately reminded me of the thicker stronger adjusters , a thing I once knew about, but forgot. more space between the two support plates , stronger cam follower piece and much better cam adjustment . That forced a different dimension on wheel cylinders just as you say . ? About mid 58 . 58 came both ways I think . Not sure if wing retainers changed to spring pins at different times than this wheel cylinder change , probably not? All at once ? Some shoes might work in both ? Or not ?
Added to that is whether  back wheels changed in same ways at same time . Probably yes ..
Ball joints and upper control arm bushings were improved / made larger n 58 too . Big confusion when you get wrong parts, but they are listed for 58 . That happened to me. This stuff and knowledge of it disappearing .
All things being equal , later 59 up brakes control arms ,upper  bushings etc are better , but in conflict with originality . ( I would personally want later stuff) But 57 , early 58 brakes and suspension apparently had problems beyond the later ones . Why a running change ...
thank you for important input..
John

Sent from my iPhone