Re: [Chrysler300] Heater Core

Heater cores are radiators. Hot water in and air blows through them and heat comes out to the car.
If it leaks and you do NOT want or need heat, simply disconnect it  from the water.
The water supply hose goes to the Temp Valve on the right fender. This is the valve the temp cable is connected  to and regulates the flow of water to the core.
A hose goes from there to the core and another one from the core back to the block. Remove both of those hoses and connect the supply hose you unhooked from the temp valve and connect it to the inlet port you removed the return from. Makes a loop and the Heater core is out of the picture (and dry inside).

Other than that, there are separate heater cores for cars with A/C or without A/C. That's what this old brain remembers.
I remember I found one 2 blocks from my shop for my 1965 L that was buried in old stock at my local Rad shop. Only one he had and had not sold one in several years. Said they were not available to order and that was in the late  1990's.