Re: [Chrysler300] WCFB carb info needed

Engine shouldn’t be the issue in my case. Fresh build, few years back with everything new; has less than 100 miles on it.

Tom Chvapil

On Oct 3, 2018, at 2:02 PM, David Schwandt <finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had the same issue with my C when I got it years ago, could not get the car to idle.
The timing chain was really loose and badly worn.

Dave Schwandt

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Chvapil tomchvapil@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 3:38 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] WCFB carb info needed

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me…
What is the function of the Idle By-Pass air screw on the side of each of the carbs?
The manual says to close them all the way (no adjustment after that). So, why are they there and have a spring on them?
I have, just for the sport, messed with their position (all the way in, 2 turns out, etc..) and do not see any effect.

Also, can’t get the idle below 1100RPM without the engine stalling. Checked for vacuum leaks and don’t have any. Carbs were rebuilt a while back, but the car set for a few years. Took both off, completely cleaned everything, put in new accelerator pumps and car starts OK, idles high (smooth) and when I drop it into gear dies immediately. Is this a carb issue, or possibly torque converter locked up?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom with 300D in (last few days) rainy Tucson

Tom Chvapil

Posted by: Tom Chvapil <tomchvapil@xxxxxxxxx>