RE: [Chrysler300] Another 300-C engine on Craigslist in Florida

RE: [Chrysler300] Another 300-C engine on Craigslist in Florida

I have been gathering information on VIN vs. Engine S/N for ’55-’58 300’s.  For 1957’s, it starts with the S/N being 6 greater than the VIN for VIN 3N57 1001 and proceeds fairly smoothly to S/N 3312 for VIN 3N57 3216—a difference of 96.  For S/N 3NE573022, the corresponding VIN would be 3N57 2949 +/-5 for a difference of 73.  Replacement engines and engines ordered for other applications probably account for their being more 300 hemi engined than 300 hemi-engined cars.

Readers with original hemi engines in their 300’s are invited to send me their VIN & S/N.  I will add the data to my database and send you a copy of the data accumulation—without the owners’ .  Analysis to date shows quite a bit of randomness in 1955’s with some pretty consistent data 1956-58.  The club records of these cars will have the VIN’s and S/N’s on all hemi 300’s, I believe.

Just fill in the data below and return to me at:  c300@xxxxxxx

Sample-Mine

  • Owner:  Rich Barber (Formerly)
  • Year: 1955 C-300