RE: [Chrysler300] 300C Licence Plate Frame

RE: [Chrysler300] 300C Licence Plate Frame

In 1964, there were three related options:  (Wholesale/Retail)

  • 462:  License Plate Frame $2.60/$3.40
  • 463:  Door Edge Molding   $3.70/$4.80) (2-door’s)
  • 464:  Both $6.30/$8.40

If ordered and installed at the factory on ‘64’s, these accessories would show up on the invoice, track sheet, IBM build ticket and window sticker—but not on the Body Plate.   Its not clear whether one received one or two License Plate Frames.  Perhaps one would order one or two, depending on the state and personal preference?  Easy dealer add if desired at delivery—but would not show up on its pedigree.  Often, dealers would add their own License Plate moldings with their dealership information on them—for advertising.

Wondering if the factory License Plate Moldings were very plain or if they had something identifying the car as a Chrysler and/or 300.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA