Re: [Chrysler300] Car Lift Adice

Hi Myron;
Go to our Club website and click on Tech Articles, scroll to the bottom of that page andunder Misc. click on "Installing a car lift, by Ra Jones, that's me.
It describes how I installed my lift. My shop only had a 10 foot interior height, and the lift needs about 12'6".
The lift came from  American Automotive Equipment.
Looks like they now go by Allied Auto Equipment company Web site:  http://www.alliedautoequip.com/company/
Cost is $ 1545.00 plus freight. Mine came with the 10' legs strapped on 2 pallets along with a carton with all the hardware to assemble it. You will need a tractor with a bucket and some chains to get it off the freight truck. We met the driver and backed  my trailer up to his trailer and pulled the lift onto my trailer.
You need a  4" thick concrete floor. They want no more than 5" thick floor and you need to drill 4 holes for each leg and you install the supplied bolt/lugs into the floor.  The reason for the thickness is so if one of the expansion lugs  screws up, you can drive it through the floor  into the dirt below and install a new lug.
I've had mine in operation for 12 years, and it has given great service. I did have to have a seal replaced several years ago.
Local guy came out and it cost me about $50.
With the cost involved,  I can't  imagine anyone not  getting one. Now, at 80 years old, I still use it, just a little harder to get down  to set the legs under the car/truck, and getting back upright...
In the photos, the Cunningham's spent the night here on their way to Rob Kern's  OK  meet. Freshly done, he  wanted to check for leaks (or missing parts).
Hope this helps, highly recommended, and call if you need anymore  info 479-394-5738
Ray