Re: [Chrysler300] 62 Sport problem

Two bits from me.

My F was doing the same thing.  Didn’t bother compartmentalizing the problem as the car hadn’t been tuned in several months.  (turned out the problem was older plugs and a couple of burned wires that were likely arcing under load, I think).

The shop used spec recommended Autolite A32’s, so I’d change those, a new set of wires from Lectric Limited $75, www.lectriclimited.com, new set of US made points and dual point condensor from NAPA.  Set the timing to 10 degrees and voila.  Runs like a champ.

Then gave her 50/50 leaded 110 to go with the non-ethanol Shell 91 we have here in southern CA and she ran even better.  ($1/mi fuel cost but what the hay for a tank every once in a while).

M.