Re: [Chrysler300] 300 F- Mysterious Oil Pump Loses Prime

Re: [Chrysler300] 300 F- Mysterious Oil Pump Loses Prime

I would like to know who actually
Makes Mopar filters. Any ideas IE
Wix, Fram.

Bob Haag

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 28, 2018, at 7:19 AM, John Grady jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Problem with recommendations is they are anecdotal / hearsay unless you actually opened the filters . So “ had good luck with anything”  is exactly that. The thing I saw blew me away , it showed filters opened up and parts spread out , name brands . The real Mopar filter was so much better made,  it was really shocking and surprising to me . In reality —-!

! It is truly about the $ . If filter valve or straining material fails on a new hellcat they have to eat the cost of the new engine . So not them being kind to us.   It is $ thing.  Conversely if you are making dime a dozen oil filters for 10$—  it is all about making money on a throw away item in a China factory at a low price.  So now I know something new . And “For sure”  —not just hearsay or opinion . The article was in a Mopar / Marelli glossy parts magazine mailed to independent repair shops, maybe they were having problems . But the photos do not lie . The photos had maybe 10-15 arrows pointing to differences , and clearly explained . So I believe. And I  am a skeptic . But I do understand $ motive in this causing it to happen. I had used wix and Napa gold. Which might be good, but do not know for sure. Relegated to oil burner now. Bought all Mopar at dealer right away . Not a place to save 5$ . Thinking about it more , if oil pump hex drive looks good , not rounded off and no cracks at pickup pipe thread or attachment , almost has to be drain back function in filter did not work ?   It is like a little one way flapper in there .
I would get a Mopar filter for sure ? But your call .. early engine 331 not screw on filter ? unless converted ( a good idea to do ) , this was about screw on filters . Hot Heads sells adapter for doing that .

Sent from my iPhone not by choice