RE: [Chrysler300] Mirrors

It should be noted that the dual strut mirror, 1773071, which is the first one pictured, was problematic from the factory when used as a right side mirror. I used factory template with NOS mirror to try to align in order to see down passenger side. It was not possible to do so. So I have it on my car, but it is used just for ornamentation purposes. In this case, I'm talking about a 58 Plymouth. But Chrysler is likely similar.

Ron

From: Fern Rivard [mailto:crc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 2:16 PM
To: John Grady; Ron Waters
Cc: Vans Auto Salvage; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Chouinard JY; bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Mirrors

A few years ago, I purchased what is supposed to be the passenger side mirror for my 1965 chrysler 300 from that seller.
I looks very nice but it’s useless as one cannot see behind properly as it looks up at the sky and to the far right  and no way to make it work properly. I contacted the seller to see if he’s rectified the issue and he said no that they were still the same.
So buyer beware and make sure that the seller will take the mirror back if it doesn’t work properly.
Fern

Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 11:46 AM

Thanks for that link .explains a lot .. it does show the hooded mirror farther down as part of a driver remote mirror , but also a passenger side hooded mirror with no remote ( so they match?) . That may explain a lot . Deluxe remote mirror is hooded apparently and might have come with passenger mirror too ( that matched ) .

Also shows 2 strut with round plain mirror , must be the standard mirror they came with ?
Gaining clarity , great help thank you ,
John

Sent from my iPhone not by choice