Re: [Chrysler300] Question regarding 300F hood stamping and Bonhams upda

Re: [Chrysler300] Question regarding 300F hood stamping and Bonhams update

This may be a Glassal creation.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 6, 2019, at 7:16 PM, 'Ron Waters' ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bonham's did a nice job at hiding the fact that the car is a fabrication. The headline should not say that it is a convertible. They are being disingenuous.

They should pull the auction. Otherwise, they are inviting a law suit.

Ron

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Lyons john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2019 6:13 PM
To: Gloria Moon
Cc: John Holst; *300-Chrysler 300 Club
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Question regarding 300F hood stamping and Bonhams update

Gloria,

Looks like they used portions of this.

At the very bottom on the web page for the car.  Lots of scrolling required.

John Lyons
Sent from my iPhone 9x plus on the Nynex network..

On Apr 6, 2019, at 3:35 PM, Gloria Moon agmoon300@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi follks,
This is what the club officially said about this car.

Hi Gregory,
We do appreciate your willingness to investigate the authenticity of the car in question.  The Chrysler 300 Club International, Inc. Board has issued our response below.  We ask that you either use it in its entirety or not at all.  We think that should alleviate any misunderstandings on the part of a potential buyer.

"Bonhams, with assistance from the Chrysler 300 Club International, understands that it is now most likely that this vehicle was refashioned as a convertible sometime in or before the 1980s. Chrysler Corporation's Microfilm  shows the VIN tag 8403129575  was original to a Black 300F Coupe built on or around February 15, 1960.  It should be further noted that the Code Tag is stamped in places, rather than pressed, showing it has been altered. The Chrysler 300 Club International Inc cannot verify that this car is or ever was a Chrysler or a 300 or a convertible from the information given. Bonhams urges bidders to inspect the vehicle accordingly. It is sold ‘as is."

Gloria Moon