SV: [Chrysler300] Hard Starting 55 C300

I do hope that everyone commenting on the 6V starting also have read my
story in the latest issue of 300 Club News. I did try to explain how I have
come around the issue on my car, it just took me 30 years.

·         Good overhauled starter (still turns a lot slower than my 1940
with 323 L8 )

·         Fresh heavy gauge cables welding equipment size

·         Optima battery (one seems sufficient)

With these factors in place the car starts every time immediately when cold
or lukewarm, and after 15 seconds when warm. (I do also have overhauled
carbs and well-functioning points ignition, although not mentioned in the
story).

In addition I suggested in the story to split between the hot wire to
starter and all other negative current consumers including the starter
relay, so that in emergency the starter can receive heavy doses of 12V while
everything else is 6V. And that I have scrapped the electric pump to prime
the carbs, and instead use a manual fuel bulb of small outboard engine
style.

And I actually believed that the ?C-300 is not a muscle car, it is a Grand
Touring? story would create more comments?

While there is a heatwave in central Europe, it is  just nice here in Norway

Narve Nordanger