     Did you adequately clean the piston groves?  Carbon can build up in them and needs to be scraped out.  They make a tool for that.  Also, you need to fit each ring into the cylinder and adjust the gap between the ends to spec. Be sure cylinder walls and ring compressor tool are well oiled.  If everything is right, it should just push in.
Good luck,
Joe
On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 10:04:29 PM EDT, DR CHALLENGER drchallenger@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds like the rings need to filed and thr gap checked

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Matt Allyn allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:55 PM
To: Chrysler 300 List
Subject: [Chrysler300] 383 Build - Piston Install

Hello All,

Working on the '62 300 Sport engine build....

I have 2 Piston Ring Compression Tools. (1 is a no name; 1 is a Summit brand)
They are both somewhat adequate I guess.
Do you have any helpful hints on getting pistons into their home?

I am cleaning the bore.
I am applying oil to the bore & the piston.
I am wrapping the Ring Compression Tool onto the Piston.
I am gently placing the Piston into the bore.
I am gently tapping the Piston Head with the wood handle of a rubber mallet.

Got #1 in.
# 3 doesn't want to go past the Oil Ring Scraper.
Walked away once frustration started to set in.
Maybe I move on to another piston to see if I have better luck!
Ha!

Thanks and Stay Healthy!

Matt Allyn

Posted by: Joe Williams <jfwilliams2007@xxxxxxxxx>