From: "'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 4/30/20 2:41 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: 'Andrew W' <QuietLion79@xxxxxxxxxxx>, spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, 'Gloria Moon' <agmoon300@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 List' <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Email account hacked?

I think it is OK to post these reports of actions that are potentially damaging to the hobby and personal relationships.

I see this kind of hack from time to time and believe it to result from someone hacking, copying, packaging, selling  e-mail address files.  With a little study, the hacker can figure out relationships and start a scam.

It may be an old car guys’ tale but I read somewhere that if one enters a dummy e-mail address such as: !000!000@xxxxxxx in one’s address book, this will block or fend off a hacker.  Can’t hurt—might help.

Stay aware and stay healthy, wealthy and wise.

Rich B.  Starting to resent being told what I can or cannot do by bureaucrats.