RE: [Chrysler300] C300 torque converter questions

I think it is 8 thou!  Maybe less even. Lower the better.

From: Keith Boonstra [mailto:kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 4:13 PM
To: John Grady
Cc: Rick Dutkiewicz; Jack Boyle; 300
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] C300 torque converter questions

As I recall from my miserable tranny experiences of a few years ago, the FSM literally recommends that if the hub runout is greater than 80 thou, the factory solution is to discard it and grab another new TC. They don't recommend even trying to "shrink one side" with a large runout.

You're right, John. Grab a junk yard TC and check the neck for wear. If the neck is not worn - inside or out - and the ring gear is not chewed up, buy it, flush it, and it will probably work better than a rebuilt one.

Keith Boonstra

-