Re: [Chrysler300] Quiery 300F Seat Covers

Re: [Chrysler300] Quiery 300F Seat Covers

Hi Dan/all,

Glad to hear your seat foam checked out ok!

Thank you to Jamie for jumping in on this topic to get an update from Quiery on their operating status, and thank you to John for the reminder that running a small business, and providing good products/good customer service is a never-ending, and often thankless challenge.  I always say, I don't mind when a 60 year old part breaks, but I do get heartburn when I pay a good price for a new/rebuilt/reproduction part, and then it only lasts 3 months or 500 miles...but good costumer service will usually cover a multitude of sins.

So apparently it was Dave I spoke with on the phone the previous week at Quiery, and he just opted not to correct me when I greeted him using Todd's name...so that was the source of some of my confusion about the timeline of their employee shutdown.

I did have a nice conversation with Cheryl this last Mon to follow-up on what, if anything, might be filled from the order I had emailed in the previous Tues.  She pointed out that most of the stuff from Gary's inventory are things that have to be created/manufactured, so there will be a delay while things everywhere are still shut down.  She also shared she hasn't made much of a dent in their emails, as she's been spending most of her time answering phone calls.

She also clarified that everyone was laid off back in March when they first had to shut things down, and it's just been her and Dave doing as much as they can between the two of them since then...but my impression from what she said, and what Dave said the previous week, was that everyone will be brought back once the lockdown on their county is lifted...apparently, the county next to them is already opening back up.

The reason I mentioned the parcel shelf I received from them not being the correct pattern, was because it had come up as a question on this board a while back.  So, when I had placed my order, I specifically asked Todd if the reproductions were the same basketweave pattern as the originals...he had said they were...but maybe he didn't know exactly what material they had and was just assuming it was the same pattern?  It's not something I'm losing sleep over, and I hadn't even gotten around to talking to them about it, so my previous email was just a statement of the facts up to that point in time.

I know the topic of carpet is always a sore spot in the hobby for those who like things to be as close to original and perfect as possible.  But as Jamie said, EPA restrictions and a low demand for styles beyond the usual cut-pile or loop carpeting, have made it near impossible to get carpet that matches what they made back then.  Thankfully, I'm not a person who worries about perfection with my cars (don't have the time/money/patience for that), and generally just like them to be nice looking originals, or nicely restored/refreshed drivers more than anything.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Quiery will be back up and running full-steam soon, so that my F might be done in time to enjoy it for a while this season, before winter storage time rolls back around before we know it!  In the meantime, I have my other cars to enjoy/work on, and also benefit from the steady stream of knowledge/stories/pictures/entertainment that are shared freely on this forum and the club website!

Sorry for the extra long email (especially while I'm at work), but hope it contained useful, or at a minimum, entertaining commentary.  Hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, and making good progress on all your home/car projects!

Best Regards,
Randy Edison
300F coupe
Annandale, VA