Stay safe,
Joe in eastern NC

PS.  I changed the valley pan and it still had the aluminum foil covered insulation pads under the intake.
On Thursday, May 7, 2020, 08:41:30 PM EDT, 'Jerry Lindsay' jerrylindsay300h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The two 413’s I have with four barrels on them carry the 3251 model carburetor . Joe, are you sure you have a 383 and not a 413 engine in it. The one 62 Sport Coupe I brought from an estate in Missouri listed it as a 383. But one of the pictures I saw, showed a four barrel carburetor. When I got the car I looked under the hood and checked the block top under the power steering pump. The top on the block was flat and had 41 stamped on it.  The 383 engine had a place above the fuel pump that had 38 stamped on it. You may have a 413 engine and not know it.

Both of my 62 Sport 413’s came with dual exhaust. One was a 3-speed manual transmission, the other an automatic.

Jerry

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Williams jfwilliams2007@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2020 7:08 PM
To: 'Ray Jones'; 'Matt Allyn'; John Grady
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 List'
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 383 Carter Carb

Hi Matt,

       I have an unmolested 62 Sport with a 383 with a 4 bbl AFB.  It is a 3251S.  The car also has dual exhaust, dealer installed a/c, and a PCV valve.  I am only the second owner of the car and believe the carb to be original.  (Maybe dealer added when he installed A/C.)

   I think I saw a choke heat riser spring on ebay recently.

Good luck,

Joe

On Thursday, May 7, 2020, 06:38:33 PM EDT, 'John Grady' jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Agree totally with Ray…AFB runs ok, but always seems to be under 15 mpg. AVS was from emissions period, much tighter overall quality control , Edelbrock gave it a performance tune—smart –probably partially motivated by hassles with AFB. ; Thermoquad even better, but they are like Rochester I believe, two small and two huge bores.

Just off the pain of worn throttle shafts on old used carbs. A kit won’t fix that..