RE: [Chrysler300] Non- PB brake conversion for 4 speed K

RE: [Chrysler300] Non- PB brake conversion for 4 speed K

Keith:

Good luck on all that.  Just a reminder—the master cylinder of a remote booster system is the standard MC for a non PB Chrysler MC with the pressure retaining valve poked out of its nose and the outlet tubing  to the remote booster pointing down and the horizontal outlet plugged.  This MC will need its own and different reinforcing/mounting plate.  Yes, brake pedal geometry is different for PB and non PB MC’s.

Just to cloud the issue, I have seen a non-ram PB 300K converted to ram induction with about ¼” to spare.  It fit and worked but may not have been enough space and clearance for Chrysler engineers/managers.  No telling if they messed with motor mounts but I think not.  They may have not changed out the exhaust manifolds.  Can’ tell.

Pictures attached.  In a silver 300K at the Golden meet-Sept 2012.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA