Re: [Chrysler300] 300K wheel cylinders and brake pads

Re: [Chrysler300] 300K wheel cylinders and brake pads

Hi Keith

I happen to be overhauling my K's brakes also. Do you have to have Napa? I just purchased for the front a set of Bendix from Ebay. The seller has one left of each for $14.00 and free shipping. I did some research and while he has them listed for as  Bendix 33506 and 33507 Drum Brake Wheel Cylinder-HEMI Front. (separate listings) they are the 1 and 1/8 bore the same that was on my car and matched up. Due to the age I pulled them apart to inspect the housings and they were rust free.

I also purchased a complete set of custom direct fit rubber brakes lines from Ebay. I am super please with them and they matched perfectly. Seach BRAKE HOSE SET Chrysler 300 - 1963 1964 1965, seller is GoodBrakes.

As far as the shoes I went with Raybestos Brakes 336PG Element3 (TM) Brake Shoe BRAKE SHOES OEM also from Ebay. Have to be honest I wasnt happy with the thickness of the linings. There was more material thickness on what I was taking off than these new shoes. I was only replacing due to the old shoes were glazed over. More than likely I will send those back and look into having the old shoes relined.  Hope this helps

Mike Cortel