Re: [Chrysler300] 1960 F for sale

I hope you get a satisfactory price for it, although I’m not sure that Bring a Trailer is the best marketing option. It will be very interesting to me to see where this ends up. Of course, as everybody who follows BaT knows, in most cases the bidding doesn’t take off until the last 15 minutes, or less, so the current bid is probably irrelevant.

Recently, I’ve been evaluating the options for selling my 300 F convertible, which is nearing the end of its complete restoration. I could be totally wrong, but my conclusion is that BaT bidders would not be likely to bid it to what will likely be my reserve. Although I have certainly seen some exceptions (such as the 240 Z which sold for $310,000) many of the cars I’ve seen on BaT haven’t brought what I thought they might bring in a major live auction, such as Mecum. This will be an interesting test of my perception.

My one personal experience selling on BaT did not result in a sale. Inexplicably to me, my very nice, driver quality '63 Riviera did not break $10,000, although subsequently I’ve seen at least two not nearly as nice or original ones make it to the upper teens. Perhaps it’s just the luck of the draw, but I guess my experience may have soured me a little bit on the platform.

Good luck with the sale – it looks like a spectacular car.

Shannon Steele
300 F convertible

"Kindness to animals may be the best measure of a person's character."

Shannon

"Kindness to animals may be the best measure of a person's character."
    As most of you probably know by now, It is my 300 F that is for sale on bringatrailer.com.  This is the car on which John Hertog did a ground-up restoration in 2001-2002.  My bad back necessitates my selling of my cars.  I've enjoyed the interest in the car's steering wheel!
Regards,
Al

Shannon

"Kindness to animals may be the best measure of a person's character."

    As most of you probably know by now, It is my 300 F that is for sale on bringatrailer.com.  This is the car on which John Hertog did a ground-up restoration in 2001-2002.  My bad back necessitates my selling of my cars.  I've enjoyed the interest in the car's steering wheel!
Regards,
Al

Posted by: labloverdc <labloverdc@xxxxxxx>