From: Old Cars Weekly <oldcarsweekly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 27, 2020 at 8:05:19 AM CDT
Subject: Car of the Week: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Club Coupe Street Rod

Not rendering correctly? View this email as a web page here.

Car of the Week: 1948 Chrysler Windsor Club Coupe Street Rod

He didn’t want the ’48 Chrysler project, but he built it any way!

In early 2007, I received a phone call from the owner of a transmission shop. We were not acquainted, but he had heard that I was conversant in things MoPar. Turns out that he had owned a stalled street rod project based on a 1948 Chrysler Windsor club coupe. My response was that I had restored a dozen Chrysler products over the years, but had little interest in street rods. As the president of the California Chrysler Products Club, progenitor of the W.P. Chrysler Club, I promised to bring the subject up at the next regular meeting. I also asked the price of the project. “No price, I just want it gone,” said the tranny shop owner. At the meeting, interest in the project was even lower than its quoted price and I soon forgot about the call.

Make your car our "Car of the Week"

If you've got an old car you really love, we want to hear about it!
Click here to email us!

MecumGFAd600x250

Don’t judge a book by it’s cover… The Meacham Collection auction

VanDerBrink Auction's Meacham Collection auction September 26-27

We all have heard the saying “Don’t judge a book by Its cover.” Glen Meacham was a prime example of this. If you met him, you would know that he was a staunch Republican and more than willing to give you his opinion on the day’s events. He also was soft under that exterior. A good guy with a soft heart under a trucker’s tough exterior.

OC Marketplace 300x250
Price Guide Sub Ad-1

Star Car Dollars

How celebrity ownership can add value to old cars, trucks

With the 2020 auction year in full force, it’s interesting to think about how celebrity ownership affects the value of a collector car. This question arose recently when we ran into a 1949 Buick that had been owned by Green Bay Packer football star Reggie White. The Buick Super Sedanet was on display at Greg’s Speed Shop (www.gregsspeedshopllc..com) in Waupaca, Wis., so we’ll use it as an example for the purposes of this article.

October 22-24, 2020 Fall Charlotte AutoFair canceled due to pandemic

The Hornets Nest Region, Antique Automobile Club of America, in partnership with Charlotte Motor Speedway, has announced that the Fall Charlotte AutoFair scheduled for October 22-24, 2020, has been canceled amid the continued Covid-19 pandemic.

April 8-11, 2021 Spring Charlotte AutoFair remains on schedule.

    Facebook Link     Twitter Link     Pinterest Link

Old Cars Subs

Subscribe Now to the
Highest Frequency Publication
for Die-Hard Car Lovers!

Your subscription to Old Cars includes:

  • All the recent news from around the old car hobby
  • Coverage of all the important collector car auctions and shows
  • Classifieds including expert advice

Posted by: Noel Hastalis <cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx>