Re: [Chrysler300] Ground polarity

I got to wondering about some comments here regarding voltage and can offer the following based on my Chrysler Service Manual and also a Motors Auto Repair Manual.  Crown Imperials for 1953-54 & 1955 we 12 volt but "positive" ground.

For those of you who are not familiar with these cars "Crown" refers ONLY to the 8 passenger sedan and the 8 passenger limo.  Many see the Crown on Imperials of this era and identify the car as a "Crown".  The fact is they were not.  These cars were very unique and I've spent time around them.  At one time we actually owned a 1950 Crown 8 passenger example.

I've checked part numbers and the special regulator for these is (VRX-6003A) and the system shows 13.5 volts.  To elaborate further I'm sure many of you know about the Bulls Eye sealed beams.  There were 12 volt versions of these but my belief is that they were only used on these Crown examples.  I've seen 1956 Chrysler with such and suspect the owners think they were  made for this purpose but in reality were not not installed at the factory during assembly process.

John Lazenby