Re: {Chrysler 300} Looking for a book - Tex Smith's The Complete Chrysle

Re: {Chrysler 300} Looking for a book - Tex Smith's The Complete Chrysler Hemi Engine Manual by Ron Ceridono

FYI, I went through this ,I had that book , excellent really . I tore my two work places apart looking for it  , last summer, I think it got lifted at my rather open work place . I was careful with it , my bible of sorts .
So i paid the 120 for another one on ebay , or amazon —-using it right now on a 392. the reason, in a magazine binding  really, it goes for 120 + is obvious . Supply and demand . It is that good.
Shows complete rebuild of 392 that had spun a rod . Other hemi books hyped on amazon are truly useless .
  I felt better I bought from a charitable book store , the 120 went to DePaul charity .
book really is good, worth 120 when fixing 50k+ $ car engine ? lots of hemis  get thoroughly screwed up by GM “ expert” guys who think they know and do not .,.  they talk a good show . I had a hemi prior rebuild by largest marine 454 chevy  guy on west coast , it had the wrong size ball tips on the “ high end” push rods. ( solid lifters are larger)
They go 250 k plus miles put together right , yet all of us in club know 25 mile failures .

I am convinced many are rebuilt for nothing , when all they need are rings and bearings and on wedges , a valve job. I have personally done that 5-6 times , all were great . Also good results with real pros when something   badly hurt or 200k plus  ; but once they start telling you a tired motor needs boiling out machine work,  boring new pistons etc the cost goes through roof and they can really screw it up  . run other way . just imho

Sent from my iPhone not by choice