{Chrysler 300} swing out seats

I do see service info in the ’60 Chrysler shop manual on pages 46-52 with engineering drawings for the mechanism.

Bob J

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Noel Hastalis
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2020 9:07 AM
To: Terry Mctaggart <pennsy300@xxxxxxx>
Cc: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; nick@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} E News 51

Hi Terry and Group,

I've seen a couple of these cars, several years ago, at auctions with this cable-operated swivel seat feature - a '60 NYer and a '60 DeSoto - both 4-door sedans - with the cable running from the door, down the A-pillar, under the carpet, releasing the seat. Each right and left front seat swiveled out when that door opened. Had to be a maintenance nightmare!

  • Looking thru the F and G brochures, each lists the standard front swivel seats, but there's no mention of 'automatic front swivel seats.'
  • Looking at the 1960 Chrysler brochure, there's mention of a moderately priced optional automatic swivel seat.
  • For the E and for 1959 Chryslers in general, there's also no mention of 'automatic front swivel seats.'
  • For 1960 non-300-F Chryslers, and for Imperials, the mention of swivel seats is only as 'automatic front swivel seats.' Of course, this Chrysler and Imperial literature does not include the F. Looks like 1960 was the only year these automatic swivels were offered.
  • The 1961 Chrysler brochure mentions that front swivel seats were available on NYers and on Newport convertibles, while not available on any wagons. The 1961 Imperial brochure mentions that front swivel seats were optionally available on all Imperial series. No automatic front swivels for '61.

Also, looking thru the book 'Standard Catalog of 1950s Chrysler,' which has a photo of our Club expert Bob Brown's black E convertible the cover, information on 1959 DeSoto swivel seats states "... Firedome/Fireflite power front swivel seat ($187), Adventurer power swivel passenger seat ($101), Manual swivel seat ($86), (Note: Swivel seats were not available on the Firedome four-door sedan and the Fireflite station wagon. They were available with the Firesweep Sportsman.)..." Reference to power seats is not of course 'automatic front swivel seats.'

Noel