{Chrysler 300} '55-'56 300 windshield gasket ordering and installation

{Chrysler 300} '55-'56 300 windshield gasket ordering and installation

Hello all,

 I'm planning on ordering the top (ribbed to hold the trim) and the bottom windshield gaskets from Quirey soon for my C300. They come in 14 foot lengths for $110 each.

 Do I use the upper ribbed piece for only the top and the bottom piece for the bottom and sides? Or do I use the top piece for the top and sides and the bottom piece for only the bottom?

 I was wondering if anyone had useable top or bottom gaskets for sale or would be willing to buy the useable extra length that I don't need.

 I'm going to have professionals install the windshield. Is there any installation tips I should know about? The 1955 MoPar body service manual has a windshield removal and installation section. Is this worth buying?

 See attached picture for the rubber mess that is on the car now. The car also had the visor-type upper trim on it instead of the correct trim piece.

Thanks,

Jim

---