Re: {Chrysler 300} Starter Motor

Garage Squad was doing a Mopar and said the starter for a 1992 Dodge Dakota starter for Mopars fits.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 27, 2021, at 1:27 AM, Steve <saforwardlook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have had two of the Chinese copies of the original Nippendenso starters that had the same problem.  Although the housings look the same, some are off just slightly and the cone part of the casing has to be filed to prevent interference with the block in order for them to sit flat.  My applications have been on some of the 1970 - 71 models with 440s.  Not an uncommon problem unfortunately.

What is  surprising is that your problem child comes from Mopar Performance - I thought they would use premium suppliers.

Steve