Re: {Chrysler 300} Re: Carburetor, spark plugs 1964

Re: {Chrysler 300} Re: Carburetor, spark plugs 1964

Is it a letter car you own or another model?  The Chrysler 300 Club site, as you can see from its content, is devoted to Letter Cars.
Not surprising that you’re not going to get too much feedback on non- letter cars that have swapped out power plants from cars that were built after Chrysler quit building Letter Cars.
Regardless, here’s a start.  And  please be advised that this is all one man’s opinion, so please take it kindly as offered with the knowledge that it may be wrong.
Where did the ‘68 440 come from? Holley was the spec carb on 440 New Yorkers and Imperials so Edelbrock is step child… feeding what?  2806178 is the casting number for the correct RB 440 intake manifold.  What’s the cfm output on the carb (find the number and get on the Edelbrock site) and does it match up to the spec on the 440 in ‘68?  If it’s running well within the timing specs and dwell setting and it doesn’t leak, why not look for trouble somewhere else.  Edelbrock is a good mfr. as I run one on my ’57 T-Bird.
As for plugs, go to a reputable parts store and tell them what model/ output of 440 you have, by casting # and get the premium plug they recommend from a US supplier.  2536430 is the casting number on the block (on the block itself, driver’s side in the middle below the exhaust manifold) for a ’68 RB 440 and the stamp on the engine plate next to the water pump hose on the top of the motor should be D 44... and other markings.
You may also find more resources with the Imperial Owners Club as  they spec their Imps very fully on that site and you may find more info closer to your set up.
Also I find lots of valuable info on www.jhoist.net.
Best to you.
Mark.