As Bob says — following the factory set up is crucial to getting essentially two 4 cylinder motors running exactly the same . Golden screwdriver Chevy mechanics cannot get there  . Really .
What goes wrong are frozen / unequal heat riser valves , vacuum leaks ( can behind the headlights) and air and mixture adjustments not exactly the same by counting turns to fractions , plug wire melts, misadjusted points ( use dwell meter ) and bad replacement capacitors from China with intermittent internal connections , carb rebuilds with wrong float levels .  My list ,   anyway . Hope it helps ..

Sent from my iPhone not by choice

On 5 May 2021, at 1:29 pm, Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I’m probably “preaching to the choir” here, but setting up the ram manifold linkage and carbs to run well relies on following the procedure outlined in the factory service manual.  Once done, if problems persist, start looking at individual components for the culprit.

Bob J

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Tim
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:49 AM
To: 'brianwolfe67' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Cold rough starting

He all,

I have a 300G and it starts fine, but really really runs rough for the first 3-4 minutes; rough running, kills, wont hold idle; a little surging….then seems to plane out and be fine.  Im not a real gear head (lol) but maybe send me and my mechanic down the right diagnostic path?  Thanks   Tim

---

---

---