{Chrysler 300} Decoding 1960 Data Plate

Hi all:

Thanks Henry for the heads up.  I would never have thought about looking under the glove compartment for any marking.

After reading Henry's e-mail, I scurried down to the gargage to see for myself.  Sure enough there was a marking but it is only a "1"  in yellow crayon.  Seems like this may be a day but no indication as to the month.  As near as I can determine from paperwork and talking to the original owners' son, they, father and son, picked the car up on July 10, 1960.  The VIN is 840359095.  Does anyone with a 300F and has a VIN close to mine have information as to when their F was manufactured?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan Reitz
Bell Canyon, CA

---