{Chrysler 300} Re: Black insulation on underside of 300F trunk?

{Chrysler 300} Re: Black insulation on underside of 300F trunk?

Keith,

It's a roofing tar paper - not sure on the technical name. It's about 1/16" thick, and I've added it to my trunk to replace the deteriorated remnants that previously were there. It's pretty near impossible to slide this all the way under the support bars. I made templates and cut out the pieces a bit oversized, then trimmed as needed to fit. Finally, glued to the underside of the trunk lid.

I used weatherstrip adhesive, which needs to be tweaked every so often. Perhaps someone can recommend a more permanent adhesive product?

Noel H.