Re: {Chrysler 300} Tire recommendations for 300F

Re: {Chrysler 300} Tire recommendations for 300F

Hi Keith,

I'm currently running American Classics on my F, sold thru Coker. Mounted in Spring 2019, I've logged about 7,500 miles on them and they've performed well. Included were cruises from Chicago to our Club's Dallas and Minneapolis Meets, along with several other regional drives. A couple photos attached.

Staying with wide whitewalls, I had tried to replace my 9 year old Diamondbacks (whitewalls vulcanized onto Dutch-made Vredstein tires) with Diamondbacks, but that company had no suitable replacements available during the past few years I reached out to them. I had run those 9 year old Diamondbacks 55,000+ miles, and felt it prudent to replace them, even though they still had great tread life. I will also admit that those old 5-ply Vredstein Diamondbacks were 1.5"+ diameter undersized with their size Euro-size 205R14.

Another wide whitewall tire choice I explored are the Finnish-manufactured Nokian tires, but no appropriate size for our 300s.

The stance on my F is much better with the 235/75R14 American Classics. Looking at Diamondback's website - www.dbtires.com - it appears their largest 14" tire sizes are 225/70R14 or 235/60R14, available in their Diamondback I or Diamondback III tire lines. Korean-manufactured Nexen tires are used in their Diamondback I line, and I see they've received mixed reviews. BF Goodrich T/A tires are used in their Diamondback III tire lines. Comparing tire diameters - 225/70R14 is 26.4", 235/60R14 is 25.1" and [American Classic] 235/75R14 is 27.8"

Hope this helps!

Noel H.
F coupe