Re: {Chrysler 300} Checking brake fluid on a 300F dual master conversion

Re: {Chrysler 300} Checking brake fluid on a 300F dual master conversion ?

Just dicking with that today. It’s a feel thing for me.
If you hold your lips just so, hold the top, horizontally in your thumb and pinky like an oatmeal cookie. Insert the bolt in its place with the thread end just below the inside face of the top with your index and middle finger (you can rest your fingers on the upper side of the top to keep it from moving or falling). Then reach under the booster can and edge/slide it up and away from below the master cylinder, skimming over the mouth of the master cylinder. It takes a few tries to get the bolt at the perpendicular angle to hit the centre screw hole in the bowl of the master cylinder. Make sure everything is spiffy clean even the  sides of the master cylinder and your fingers.  We use a small diameter plastic hose squeezed over the needle end of a big plastic syringe to inject the fluid as needed. Better than removing the booster unit. M

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 6, 2021, at 7:17 PM, Cox Mail <scooter465@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> That's a really low profile
> Master cylinder. It looks like you can get to the bolt and remove cover.
> Bob Haag
>
>> On Jul 6, 2021, at 9:07 PM, 'Keith Langendorfer' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> The F that I bought back a few weeks ago had a disc brake conversion and dual master also done about 15 years ago. Detail on the parts that were used are non-existent but the car stops well and straight, albeit with a spongy pedal. I went to check the master for brake fluid level and the clearance below that oval canister is very tight above the master to remove the cover. Does anyone have a magic way of accessing the bolt for removal and removing the cover? It’s a 1/2” bolt but I doubt it would be removable below that canister since they’re usually pretty long. (Note: This situation may also be an issue on Ram car masters that haven’t been converted to dual masters?)
>>
>> I’d rather not have to remove the canister since I’m not sure if I’d open a can of worms. I’m looking at the tech articles on our site but I may be missing obvious. Pic below of the Master.
>>
>> Thanks in Advance!
>>
>> Keith.
>>
>> --
>> For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang