From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of malexander299
Sent: 10. august 2021 05:19
To: Chrysler 300 Club International
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Hello and beeare, again.

Hello all.

New member Michael Alexander here.

I dislike starting my first conversation on this site with a warning, but with the following attempted scam it is warranted.

I placed an ad a while ago in our Club Classifieds seeking a 300 F.

I was subsequently contacted by unsolicited email by a Michael Freeborne, who said he had a 300F that was for sale for $20,000.

He repeatedly requested to know where I was located. When I replied Florida he said the car was in Oregon.

We went back and forth by email over the last two weeks. He professed to be 90 and in bad health which was the only reason he was selling the car for so cheap.

He kept trying to get me in touch with his “agent”, Eric Fagans who asked over and over for a $4000 deposit just to go look at the car.

He also emailed me a picture of a 300 F which I then thoroughly researched. It turned out to be the identical picture of a 300 F that had been up for sale in a 2019 auction. Same background.

That car did not sell for $43,000 and the owner was in Birmingham Alabama.

Freeborne also gave me an address in Oregon which I also researched. I acquired a phone number and called the homeowner who had never heard of a Michael Freeborne.

He said the only car he had at his house in Oregon was the black Chevy pick up truck in his driveway, which I could see on Google earth. (Sometimes I just love technology, but mostly not. )

This story ends four days ago with me requesting and getting wiring instructions from “Eric Fagans” bank account in New Jersey.

I emailed him that I was no longer interested.

He replied “What happened?”

I reported him/them to the  Internet Crime Complaint Center ( ie3. Gov), which turned out to be a long involved discouraging process, but well worth it.

I apologize for this long sordid story. I do not want any of us to be taken advantage of so spreading the word.

I am proud to be one of, if not the newest, member of the club and to help carry on the letter car tradition. I am pleased as punch to be the new owner of an outstanding Terra Cotta 1960 F Coupe, courtesy of Mark L. and of course Terry McTaggart.

Regards to all.

Yours in 300magicland.

Michael

---