Re: {Chrysler 300} Power steering pulley on non air car

Re: {Chrysler 300} Power steering pulley on non air car

Hello Bill;

Others please correct me if I'm wrong but I think there
was only one size pulley on the psteer pump, AC or not.
I bet you have the right parts.
It is common for the power steering belt to rub slightly against
the fan pulley -- common to see the paint worn off of the
pulley by the belt.

You can try adjusting the power steering pump. That might give you
more belt clearance. We have a video on that at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boTnyF4n4TY

And if you watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4txG9DMdA

about 2:57 mark you'll see the paint worn off of the pulley.

Bob