Re: {Chrysler 300} 300c trunk Q

Hello Micke,

Perhaps this will help - copy of an email exchange I had with Don Verity earlier this year, related to a question from another Club member restoring his 300-F convertible -

Noel

5/8/2021 8:06 AM From Don Verity

Hi Noel,

The inside of the quarter panels had a fairly heavy sound deadening material applied from the factory. The floor and inner fenders was lighter in my car. The surfaces that can be seen when you open the trunk were painter body color. Under the package shelf didn't get much if any, mostly just over spray. The trunk floor was probably painted with the body. I'm not sure on this, as most cars I own have rusty trunk floors. Everything is covered by trim anyway. I plan to paint mine body color with a top coat of rocker guard.

Don

Hi Don,

I left you a phone message this morning. Fellow Club member has been having his F restored - it’s now ready for paint. He called me today and asked a couple questions about the inside of the trunk -
    1. Are the insides of the fenders and also the floor supposed to be just painting the smooth metal with glossy paint finish, or were these inner fenders first sprayed with a sound deadener / undercoating? Andy Mikonis said his old G’s fenders do have the sound deadener applied, and the floor also has it applied in the area over the rear axle.
    2. What color? I advised Kim that the trunk inside should be painted the car’s body color.
Noel