Check temp at thermostat housing with IR gun .. not expensive and easy , then you know about where 180 or 190 is , on gauge , all is ok .

inaccurate thermal style gauges generally are more of a problem with fuel , such as where is really empty ?

Sent from my iPhone not by choice

On 18 Oct 2021, at 7:14 pm, dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I believe the owners manual will read that the needle anywhere along the box with the line through it is considered normal operating range and the empty boxes indicate cold and hot. When I ran into this on my 63 Galaxie I went to NAPA and bought every temperature sender listing they had, I think there were 5 listed and the third one I tried put the needle smack in the middle at a real 180 degrees.

-----Original Message-----
From: "johannes schmitz-valckenberg" <johannes.sv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2021 6:06pm
To: "'chrysler 300 club'" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} Question to temperature gauge 300 k

I have just repaired temp gauge.
Can someone tell me, where the indicator of temp gauge of 300 k modell  in ok situation of engine  in normal running situation should be please ?
My is not indicating over this position attached after highway run and traffic light stop?
Should it be in vertical position ?
Thank you
I answer myself, if thermostat is defect ?
Best regards
Johannes
Von meinem/meiner Galaxy gesendet

---