Best,
Ron Kurtz
E #292

On Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 11:10:08 PM EDT, Nick Taylor <nicksgaragesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did you get correct tailpipes from Waldron's for the F?

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021, 11:33 AM <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've used classic exhaust and Waldron's. I always go with bone stock and check to be sure its right. I never use stainless steel. When I ordered my system for my F from Waldron they insisted it used resonators. I said no it does not, that is where the 300 gets its throb. They had a New Yorker spec. I sent them the shop manual and supplement pages so they have them now.

I would advise against anything more than stock mufflers. Too much from the rear will drown out the mighty induction roar up front.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Nick Taylor" <nicksgaragesd@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 12:38pm
To: "Michael Marmorale" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 300g exhaust muffler

I went with the stock sound mufflers from Waldron's on my 300F. You definitely know there is something under the hood. The biggest problem is the fit of their parts. First they sent me the wrong tailpipes. When I complained they said there was something wrong with my car. I sent them all kinds of documentation and measurements and pictures of my old original tailpipes fitting perfectly connected to the rest of their parts. Eventually they sent me new tailpipes that look correct but still don't fit because of the bends over the axle. I still have my original tailpipes on the car until I can get it to an exhaust shop for fix. I don't know if the 300G ones are any better. Here are pictures of my exhaust. https://photos.app.goo.gl/3HUfUd2UiKj2kjee7. The head pipes are stainless steel and were acquired from the club by a previous owner who installed them. The Waldron's parts are also stainless but different type. They told me the type the club used is wrong for exhaust. we had to bend them to get them aligned properly with the new exhaust pipes.
BTW, the exhaust system on a 300 uses pretty small diameter pipe. Waldron's will increase the diameters for you but won't guarantee they will fit the car.