{Chrysler 300} 64 upshift timing setting

{Chrysler 300} 64 upshift timing setting

I could not find the recent thread in the archives regarding increasing the upshift timing on the 63-64 300’s. Will lengthening the carburetor rod raise the upshift timing? Or shortening?

I have done all of the prescribed adjustments described in the manual, twice. Getting the pedal to 114 degrees is now almost touching the floor board!

There isn’t a rubber stop internally on the throttle transmission lever in there that may have worn or deteriorated, is there?

My trans is not downshifting to my liking with more throttle. Stays in 2nd when accelerating after upshift at a very slow roll, and then stays in 3rd no matter what at speeds from 25 mph and up.

Or do it a third time?

---