Re: {Chrysler 300} Engine timing with a Vacuum Gauge

Re: {Chrysler 300} Engine timing with a Vacuum Gauge

Simple  test for this. Valve Cover off. Take out #1 plug, put a straw in the hole and turn the engine over by hand. The straw will move up and when it goes as high as it can and starts back down, you've found TDC.  Yeah, I know we all know this. Watch the #1 Intake valve.The thing here is to get the valve to open to, say 1/2 way open, and then back up the crank. If you have to back up the crank any to make the valve move the other way,  you have shown how much stretch is in the chain.
The Point being here, is the valve should  move a little as you work the  crank back and forth.
Ray