Re: {Chrysler 300} Chrysler 300 K

Short rams and long rams are basically the same manifolds. Physically they are the same size but there is a divider in each runner on the long rams. The short rams are missing most of the divider. It's easy to tell them apart. All 1963-64 ram cars are short rams. Before that only the 400hp engines have short rams but they are different manifolds. There are a lot of parts to do a conversion and the camshaft is probably different. The biggest issue with the 300K doing a conversion is that you have to relocate the power brake booster and manifold as it doesn't fit with the ram manifold. I don't know if the 300J uses the same set up. There are more experts here on that.