From: "'Donald Verity' via Chrysler 300 Club International" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2022 8:59am
To: "dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jsnowosacki@xxxxxxxxx" <jsnowosacki@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "keith_a_lang@xxxxxxxxx" <keith_a_lang@xxxxxxxxx>, "chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Urban Legends

Until I see actual period pictures or other documentation of these alleged cross ram police cars, I will still consider them and urban legend. No book on police cars lists anything other than the Chrysler Enforcer. There may have been one off conversions done, but due to the reputation of ram cars being hard to tune and temperamental, I doubt it very much. It reminds me of the old movie "The California Kid" where the sheriff has a hopped up 57 Plymouth.
Don

For 1961 Chrysler offered a police package on the newly reintroduced Newport called the "Enforcer." It used the Dodge 325 HP 383 and all the police stuff including higher spring rates, anti-sway bars and the like. A wagon version was offered and the whole package lasted through 1964. 61 versions did not wear any "Newport" badging.

Massachusetts State Police used Chrysler wagons for at least one year.

Danny Plotkin