Re: {Chrysler 300} 64 4 spd update

1964 4 speed cars have the shifter on the left side of the console. 1965 cars got a shifter that came through a different console.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 1:24 PM 'Val Jeffers' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Then was the shifter located on the console or off to the left side ?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 4, 2022, at 12:30 PM, kmaniak via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello All:

A little addendum to the 390 hp engine and 4-speed manual transmission.  Sales literature states the 4-speed was not available with the 390 hp engine.  However, in a Service Technical Bulletin dated October 1964, the 4-speed manual was available with the 390 hp engine.  This statement in the STB indicates/alludes that at least one 4-speed equipped 390 hp 300K was built, but to my knowledge, no one has ever seen one.

Regarding the tilt wheel exclusion, tilt wheel was not available with either manual transmission, 3-speed or 4-speed.  The reason for this was the position of the external turn signal switch on the Saginaw column.  The switch occupied the space where the clutch pedal arm would swing.  It was a clearance issue.  However, the 1965 Chryslers were available with manual transmission and tilt wheel, even though they used the same Saginaw tilt column.  The engineers repositioned the tilt column so there was no interference issue with the turn signal switch.

Chris the K MANIAC

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Keith Langendorfer' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Val Jeffers' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ray Jones <1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx>; Dave Dumais <dave.dumais@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Mar 4, 2022 6:09 am
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 64 4 spd update

Val

There were no 4 speeds built with the 390hp ram engine as they were mutually exclusive options. I’m not sure why, since Chrysler’s new A-833 4 speed would have been up to the task and was used with the 426 wedges in B bodies.

The tilt steering wheel option was also not available with the 4 speed.

Keith