Re: {Chrysler 300} 1959 300 E Starting up cold ….pumping gas

Re: {Chrysler 300} 1959 300 E Starting up cold ….pumping gas

I agree with the Plotkin rule book.

A big block that has been sitting a month or more can be testy to those who are unfamiliar. It’s all about being patient and getting fuel where it needs to go for combustion.

WARNING: I never crank a Mopar gear reduction starter beyond a count of 20 (that’s my rule to add to Mr. Plotkin’s - and have a dozen of these cast iron Chrysler engines)

Hank Hallowell