RE: {Chrysler 300} Rear brake drum removal tool

RE: {Chrysler 300} Rear brake drum removal tool

From the club website.  Highly recommended:  Hell for stout and last forever.

Alternate:  Rent two pullers having three arms each.  Combine to make a five arm puller.

Whichever is used, install the castellated nut back onto the axle stub, engaging most threads and leaving 3/8” for the hub to pop into when it cuts loose.  Otherwise, you may be singing soprano as there is a lot of stored energy in that drum & hub and they may launch outward with a vengeance.

Rich B. in the other Brentwood 350 miles from Pasadena TBTG.

Rear Brake Drum Puller:
Click here for pictures and info. This puller is compact, sturdy and pulls on all five lugs. The plate is 6"x 5"x 5/8" with the 5 holes drilled on the 4.5" bolt pattern that most Mopar drums use except Imperial and some station wagons. Pre 1956 drums have a threaded hole in the drum and the puller attaches with right hand threaded bolts and left hand threaded rods and nuts. In 1956 most Mopars went to studs on the drums . The connector for those drums is a 1 3/8" x 3/4" hex nut that I drill and tap for the right and left hand thread, screw a stud about half way into the nut and pin it in place. You screw all five of the nuts onto the studs on the drum, put the plate over the studs up against the axle shaft, put a washer and nut on the studs and tighten them evenly until the drum pops loose. The puller for pre-1956 cars with the threaded hole in the drum is $75.00 plus $10 shipping to anywhere in the U.S.. For cars with the studs on the drum it is $100.00 plus $10 shipping. For a kit that includes the plate and hardware for both type drums it is $125.00 plus $17.00 shipping. If the puller fails to remove the drums, send it back and I will refund your money. So far no one has told me the puller did not remove the drums. Best method of payment is Paypal or you can send a check to Les Fairbanks 4965 Park Dr. Watervliet, MI 49098. Best to contact me before ordering with the year, make and model of your car so I ship the right puller. Contact info is phone # 269 463-5260 or E-mail lessue52@xxxxxxxxxxx (11/29/21)