FW: Re: {Chrysler 300} High output alternator

-------- Original message --------
From: dplotkin <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 6/4/22 10:49 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: misse002@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} High output alternator

I believe most of us have assumed that you have a ordinary audio radio player in your car. Perhaps you can describe for us what system this is that requires an extra battery.

 If your audio contractor has wired your car for a large system consuming lots of power that requires a second battery which also must be charged by your alternator then all bets are off. None of us here will be successful in diagnosing your problem without looking at the way it is wired, suffice to say old cars with old car charging systems do not do well with high-end extremely high power multiple speaker audio systems such as some of our youth now use.

The issue is not only the output of the alternator but the wiring that supports the alternator and Carries all charging current through the bulkhead to an ammeter on the dashboard. Drawing too much current through this charging system will damage the wiring. You need an automobile electrical expert to review what has been done to this car. I would not trust a youngish audio tech with a 60 year old car.

Danny Plotkin